When I was studying in journalism school, I never imagined I would work in marketing and enjoy it thoroughly. But then, writing is my first love, and the internet has made it possible for me to pursue both journalism and marketing simultaneously.
So, here I am – searching for good stories. If you have one, here is how you can reach me:
1. Please send me well-researched story ideas via email.
2. Or, feel free to fill out the contact form.
3. Please follow up with me within 2-3 weeks. I need time to research the idea and speak to the editors.
4. Please note I may reject an idea if it doesn’t interest me or when I don’t have the bandwidth.
5. My favorite domains include travel, technology, marketing, lifestyle, and culture.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Uh, no. Never. It is unethical, and I know that well. If by any chance, a client of mine does get mentioned, it is because: 1) They are too good at what they do. 2) The editor knows of the relationship.
No. If I write about someone or their service, it is because they piqued my interest. I have other ways to make money. Journalism, for me, is personal.
I will try to pitch it elsewhere when that happens. Please note I may not always have the necessary contacts. But I am resourceful and will find a way for sure.
Depends on the nature of the story. From the time it gets pitched to the time it gets submitted – I would say anywhere between a week and two months. I don’t overpromise and underdeliver. However, the onus of publishing a story is solely on the editor.
Oh, I have a long list. Forbes, Inc. Magazine, TIME, The CUT, New York Times, National Geographic, CNTraveler, Lonely Planet, Bustle – a girl’s gotta dream!